The Scarlet Scramble is a 24-hour campus and city adventure on March 28 through 29 from 6 p.m. to 6 p.m. No clues will be given out between 2 a.m. and 8 a.m. Participating students will build community, learn about new resources on campus, learn more about the storied history of the university, and celebrate the year while showing how much they know about Ohio State.
There are five different types of clues:
- Ohio State/Columbus Trivia: Turned in on Carmen, can be completed at any time.
- Photo Clues: Students are challenged to take pictures in front of different places on and off campus.
- Limited Edition: These activities are offered for a limited amount of time for a certain number of team members.
- Head-2-Head: The first teams to a location compete in miscellaneous challenges.
- Twitter Trivia: Twitter trivia is sent out periodically during active hours of the Scarlet Scramble.
All participants will receive a t-shirt for participating (each team will have a set of the same color shirts) and winning teams will receive prizes.
Teams can have up to 10 participants; a minimum of 5 participants must be first-year students.
Registration is $50 per team. The first 50 teams to finish the registration process (including payment) will compete in the 2014 Scarlet Scramble. Registration will close at noon on March 7, 2014.
To register, e-mail email@example.com the following:
- Your team name
- Your team members name.#’s
- T-shirt sizes for all team members
You will receive a confirmation e-mail with details regarding paying the $50 registration fee.
Other important information
- There will be a mandatory rules meeting for captains (plus 2 additional team members) to attend on Monday, March 24, at 6 p.m. in the Visits and Events Suite in the Ohio Union (room 3002).
- There will be a kick-off event at 5 p.m. on March 28 where teams will receive their t-shirts, first set of clues, and final instructions.
- Final results will be announced and prizes will be given out before final examinations begin.
Q: Can my team compete with less than 10 members?
A: Yes, as long as there are 5 first-year students and the team must pay the full $50 registration fee.
Q: Can I participate if I do not have a team to sign up with?
A: Free agents will be placed on a team together as they register.
Q: Do we have to stay up and participate all 24 hours?
A: No, this is an open competition, so teams can solve as many or as few clues as they desire, during whatever time-frame they desire. There will no clues given out from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Q: Does my whole team have to be present to solve clues?
A: For trivia based clues, no. For picture based clues at least half of your team must be in the picture. For activity clues when competing against other teams, you must have however many team members the activity dictates.
This event is sponsored by the First Year Connections Team and First Year Experience