Aug. 18-20 OWLs*
$50 Registration fee
Register online at scarletandgray.osu.edu using the access code BF2016 no later than June 1, 2016. Registrations received after this date will be processed as space becomes available.
Buckeyes First is a thrilling hybrid of outdoor adventures at camp along with exciting experiences on campus and within Columbus for first-generation first-year students. You’ll become more familiar with the campus and community, connect with faculty, staff, peer leaders and most importantly, other first-generation students. As you learn from one another and share your stories, you engage in fun activities that will provide you with the tools to be successful in your first year.
Note: Ohio State considers a first-generation college student to be a student from a family where neither parent earned a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Spend a full day at Camp Kern participating in high ropes, zip lining and campfire activities
- Bond with small groups and peer leaders during team building activities
- Participate in activities to become familiar with the Ohio State campus
- Venture into and explore the Columbus community
- Learn where campus resources are located and how to use them
- Move into residence halls one week early
- Become an Ohio State Welcome Leader (OWL) and help welcome your fellow first-year peers to campus
As a participant in Buckeyes First, student will be allowed to move into their residence halls upon arrival free of charge. Students will be required to sign an agreement acknowledging their requirement to attend all aspects of Buckeyes First and the OWL program to maintain this waiver.
OWLs students and residence life staff assist with welcoming first-year students during move-in day. OWL commitment is required for early move-in fee waiver.